How to Get a Visa for Spain – For Filipino
If you are a citizen of Philippines and want to apply for a visa for Spain then you will definitely come across the term 'Schengen Visa'. Schengen is the group of 26 countries which are bound by the Schengen agreement. To visit these countries a Schengen visa is required. Spain is one of these countries and if you are a citizen of Philippines then read this article to find out how to get a visa for Spain.
While applying for a visa for Spain, a Filipino can apply for one of the three categories of visa. They are:
Short Term Visa
A short term visa is valid for a period of 90 days within a six month time frame. A person can apply for short term visa for the purpose of visit, business or tourism.
Long Term Visa
If a person is going to stay in Spain for a longer period of time than 90 days, then he / she will require Long Term Visa.
Those people who are visiting Spain not with the intention of a long stay i.e. they are going to other countries and in the way passing through Spain, are issued the Transit Visa. Transit Visa allows the person to pass through Spain while he / she is going to visit a country which is not a Schengen member.
How to apply?
'The following procedure tells you how to apply for a visa for Spain as a Filipino citizen:
- At first book an appointment so that you can submit your application.
- In this page go to 'Schedule an Appointment'.In this page you will be given all the instructions you need according to the type of visa you are applying for. Once you have read this, click on the text reading "Appointment scheduling for the Visa Application Centre (VAC)", which is highlighted in orange on the page.
- Click on the dropout and select "Manila".
- Choose the number of people you are applying for and choose the visa category you need.
- Here you will be given a date, time and address of the venue.
- On the scheduled day reach the venue a bit before the scheduled time in Manila. Make sure you have brought all the necessary paperwork and documents that are required for the visa.
- There a token will be handed to you at the entrance. Then you would be seated in the waiting area. When your token number is called, visit the Submission counter.
- The officer present at the counter will collect your visa application form. They check whether the form is complete or not with required information.
- Then your passport will be checked. During passport checking the officer checks the validity, information of previous travel and the empty pages present in the passport.
- When the above step is complete you would be asked to submit the fees as per the visa category.
- Then all the required documents submitted by you will be arranged in the order in, which is required by the Consulate General of Spain.
- Finally a receipt will be issued for the amount of fees paid and an acknowledgment form will be given for the submission of the passport.
- After all the above steps you just have to wait and track your application process, you can also do so via website. Your Visa will be issued by The Consulate of Spain. So, even if you have submitted all documents, you might not be issued the Visa.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Get a Visa for Spain – For Filipino, we recommend you visit our Legal category.