How to cancel my Walmart MoneyCard
The Walmart Money card is issued by the Green Dot Corp at all Walmart stores. It is actually a prepaid debit card through which one can make purchase at restaurants, stores or anywhere else where the Walmart Money Card is accepted. You just have to put money into your account and use your card wherever you want.
If you need to cancel your card then read this article to find out “How to cancel my Walmart Money card”.
Cancellation using your Phone
To cancel your Walmart MoneyCard using your phone, take the following steps:
1. At first, dial the number 877 – 937 – 4098. This will connect you to the Walmart MoneyCard customer service line. When connected, press 4 to select the customer support.
2. Then the system will ask you to enter your Walmart Money Card number. Enter your number.
3. After that your call will be transferred to a customer support agent of Walmart.
4. Tell the agent that you want to close your Walmart Money Card account.
5. The agent will ask for some identification questions like your address, birth date or social security number. This is asked to verify the account holder’s identity.
6. After you provide all the information. The agent will close the account as per your request.
To cancel your Walmart Money Card online, use the following steps:
1. Go to the official website of Walmart Money Card i.e. www.walmartmoneycard.com.
2. If you have an account then log in directly.
3. If you don’t have an account, then create it by clicking “Create Online User ID”. Then fill up the required fields to create your account. Now log in with your new account.
4. Click on manage your 'account' tab. From there 'cancel' your Walmart Money Card by providing the information in the required fields. Then finally submit your cancellation request.
Cancellation using Mail
You can even cancel your Walmart Money Card using ordinary mail. Just follow the following steps:
1. At first write or print a letter containing your request for cancellation of your Walmart Money Card and closing the account.
2. In this letter do not forget to include your name, your account number, your address and telephone number.
3. On the envelope write the customer service address of Walmart Money Card’s customer service. Also affix the proper postage stamp on the envelope.
4. After sending the letter you just have to wait for a call from Walmart Money Card. They will call you to verify if you do wish to close your account or not. In some cases you may also receive a letter from the company stating that your Walmart Money Card account has been closed as per your request.
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to cancel my Walmart MoneyCard, we recommend you browse around our Personal Finance category.