Clever Names for Barbershops
Barbering is a booming industry. The sector has grown exponentially in recent years and customers are looking for more than just haircuts. They want an immersive experience with all their grooming needs met. You have probably seen many local barber shops opening up in your neighborhood. You may even be thinking of opening your own at some point. With such high competition, making yourself stand out is a necessity. This is where the perfect name for your barbershop comes in handy.
In this oneHOWTO article, we share a list of over 60 clever names for barbershops. We provide some original and unique ideas which will help you to connect with potential customers. We also give some tips on how you can choose the barbershop name most suitable to you.
Modern barbershop names
Whether you want a trendy modern barbershop or something more classic, a modern name won't hurt either. Often hipster-style barbershops have a mix of the two. A modern name can be ironic, funny or evocative of the aesthetic you are trying to create. Here we provide some clever ideas for modern barbershop names to get you thinking:
- Captain Blackbeard (or similar pirate name)
- Samson's Bangs
- The Razor's Edge
- Moustache Twirler's Inc.
- Whisker Cutters
- The Beard Tender
- Esquire Cuts
- Big Boy's Barbers
- Cut and Dry
- The Rebel Hairs
- Cut Creators
- Mustache Kings
- The Rusty Blade
- The Art of the Groom
- Dapper Dan's
- The Sideburn
Barbershops are not the only enterprise which needs a name. Although it shouldn't take as much consideration, even starting a group chat can benefit from a clever name. Here we provide some funny names for WhatsApp group chats to know more.
Names for urban barbershops
Of course an urban barbershop can refer to any barbershop within a built-up urban area. However, when we use the term ‘urban barbershop’, we are referring more to a certain style and aesthetic. It is not something solidified and can refer to many different types of establishments. What they do all have is an attitude of resilience and bravery, something we might want to reflect in the name. Equally, we could go the other way to make it more unique.
The following name ideas for barbershops with an urban spirit can serve as inspiration:
- City Cuts
- Tintin's Toupee
- Samson's Mane
- The Barber of (city name)
- Rapier Wit
- Fade Factory
- By the Beard of Zeus
- The Mug and Brush
- On the Corner
- The Bearded Knight
- Blonde Redhead
- United Barbers
- The District Cut
- The Rusty Blade
- Old Day
- The Red Lion
- Gentleman's Clip
- Off the Top
Once you go to the barber, your grooming doesn't stop there. Check out our article on tips to keep your beard soft for more information.
Names for barbershops in Italian
The first barbers appeared in Ancient Rome. For this reason, barbering has the longest tradition in Italy than it does anywhere else (although people have been cutting hair for much longer). If you have Italian roots or links, it is very common to choose Italian names for your barbershop. However, it is always important you do so with respect to Italian culture. They make the barbershop name sound even more clever than in English.
At oneHOWTO we give you the following names for Italian barbers:
- Il Barberie di Roma (Roman barber)
- Milano Barberie (Milanese Barber)
- Tagliare e Radersi (Cut and Shave)
- Signori Barbuti (Bearded Knights)
- Il Bagno delle donne (The Ladies' Hall)
- Riccioli d'Italia (Curls of Italy)
- Radersi sullo Stivale (Shave in the Boot)
- La Barba di da Vinci (Da Vinci's Beard)
- Il Barberie di Pavarotti (Pavarotti's Beard)
- La Criniera d'Italia (The Mane of Italy)
Whether you are from Italy or not, you might choose a barbershop with a hipster aesthetic. For this reason, you might want to know how to grow the perfect man bun.
Funny names for barbershops
Barbershops are places where people often come to not just get a shave and a haircut, but to fraternize with friends and strangers alike. Choosing a funny barbershop name can help start you off with a smile. It sets a tone that you are a barbershop that might take grooming seriously, but not yourselves. Here are some examples of clever and funny barbershop names to give you some inspiration:
- Hair of Respectability
- The Lunatic Fringe
- Combing Attractions
- Grateful Head
- The Be Sharp
- Men at Work
- Get Your Buzz On
- Lookin' Sharp
- Scissor Sisters
- Upper Cuts
- The Sweet Hair-After
- A Cut Above
- Julius Scissor
- Sweeny Todd & Sons
All these names for original barbershops in English will serve to inspire you and specify the name of your beauty salon.
Tips for choosing the name of a barbershop
Choosing the name of a barbershop is a very important aspect of the business. It is the first element to attract the attention of customers, so don't just choose the first that comes to mind. Keep these tips in mind to ensure the best choice for you and your establishment:
- Strategy: the name must be linked to the idea of a barbershop, enhancing its personality.
- Boldness: a name that is easy to pronounce and easily identifiable, something that is catchy.
- Original: attract the attention of customers with a different name than the competition. You need it to stand out above the rest.
- Visual power: linking the name with a logo serves to attract the vision of potential clients.
- Emotion: the name of your barbershop will be more precious the more emotions it can transmit: feeling very handsome or belonging to an ‘exclusive’ club.
- History: the ability of the name of a barbershop to convey a story that engages the public. You might want to look into the history of the building or the area and choose something appropriate.
- Business sense: a name without commercial strength is doomed to failure. Just listening to it should serve to attract customers and sell your service.
- Proper name: the language, location, culture and purchasing power of the target audience should be considered when choosing the name of the barbershop.
- Internet: having a web domain and online presence, in addition to good management of social media accounts, will serve to attract more public.
- Registration: check with the Registration Office in your country if the name of your barbershop can be registered and the options to convert it into a registered trademark.
The ideas for clever and unique barbershop names in our list are there to provide inspiration. If you don't find what you are looking for, just use the ideas we provide as a starting off point. This way, you can think of something that is personal to you, but still has the right edge. Many think of starting a business with those close to them, even a barbershop. Take a look at our article on how to start a family business to learn more.
If you want to read similar articles to Clever Names for Barbershops, we recommend you visit our Economy & business category.