How To Deactivate Metrobank Direct Account
Metrobank is a UK based retail bank launched in 2010. It offers exceptional banking services to its individual as well as business customers. If you have an account with Metrobank, you can easily access its services online by opening a Metrobank Direct account. By doing this, you can view your bank balance, pay bills, open more accounts, reorder checkbook, transfer funds and do much more right from the comfort of your home. But sometimes, you may not want to avail their services online, and you may want to deactivate it. To remain safe, you must know how to deactivate Metrobank Direct account. Read this oneHOWTO article to find out more.
Why it is important to deactivate Metrobank Direct Account
Deactivating an inactive Metrobank Direct account is very important, as it may cause confusion and clutter for you. As you must have entered your important and confidential details in your Metrobank Direct account, someone may misuse it to steal your money or identity. To avoid this, it is essential to deactivate your account so that everything is completely removed and no one can access it without your permission or knowledge.
Steps to deactivate Metrobank Direct Account
Once you have made up your mind to deactivate your Metrobank Direct account, follow these step by step instructions:
- First of all, you need to log in to your online Metrobank Direct account using your user ID and password. You must have received them from your bank, which you can use to access your account online. Visit the Metrobank’s official website, find the ‘online banking’ button, click on it, enter your user ID and password in the spaces provided, and click on the ‘Login’ button. You will be redirected to your online bank account system
- Once your online banking system opens, you will find a ‘Manage Accounts’ tab on the left hand side of the home page
- When you click on the ‘Manage Accounts’ tab, a new web page will open where you will see an ‘Unenroll Accounts’ button. Click on this button
- You will be redirected to another web page that will have a list of your accounts
- Check the box in front of the account that you want to deactivate
- Click on 'Continue'
- A confirmation page will appear, which aims at double checking that you really want to deactivate your Metrobank Direct account
- Click on ‘Confirm’ button if you are sure, or ‘Back’ button if you want to rethink about it
- Another screen will appear which confirms that your account has been deactivated. At the bottom of this confirmation receipt, you have the option to deactivate another account, or print this confirmation page
- Once you deactivate your account, you will also receive an acknowledgement receipt in your inbox through email
Other ways to get in touch
If you are having trouble deactivating your account or if you need any other kind of help from the company professionals, you have different options to get in touch as well:
- Call them by phone: You can call their contact center 24/7. Individual customers can call them at 03450808500, and business customers can call them at 03450808508. You can call 00442034028312 if you are calling them from any other place out of the UK
- Visit a nearby store: As the bank has over 48 stores across the UK, you can visit your nearby store during working hours, and get help from a customer care executive personally. Once they receive your request for deactivation, they will try to complete it within 3-4 working days
- Send them a mail: Their registered office is located at One Southampton Row, London, WC1B 5HA. You can even send them a written letter at this address, and get your request met within a reasonable time frame
- Send them an email: You may also give details of your request at their email address email@example.com. Once they receive your email, they will send you back a mail receipt, and act on your request within 3-4 working days
If you want to read similar articles to How To Deactivate Metrobank Direct Account, we recommend you visit our Personal Finance category.